2013-06-23

9 steps you should take before embarking on a Diet Boat


Warning. Consult your doctor if you have special problems with your health before changing anything in your lifestyle.


For several years I've tried a lot of diets with limited success or no success at all. I'm doing quite well now, with my own customized diet based on South Beach Diet, DASH,  Mediterranean and Romanian traditional diets. The best of all breeds, from my point of view.
If you want to follow my personal diet, I'll kind of disappoint you. My strong conviction after so many years of dieting is that there is no such universal diet, good for all. You should build your own.  
But I'll gladly share my experience with you, for free :).

First think first:
Think hard why you need to loose weight Strong motivation is a must. Maybe you've got enough of  your poor health problems, maybe you want to live more to help your kids, maybe your looks don’t help at all your social life, maybe you have a great difficulty to find a job a.s.o.
And if you really want to loose some weight, you can and you will, because science has made a lot of progress since the stupid eat-cabbage-soup-be-always-hungry diets.
The key is to build a lifestyle that you can afford and enjoy while respecting some simple rules you've set yourself.

Here are 9 ideas that worked for me and might work for you too.
There is some science to support them, but you should be aware that knowledge in human nutrition is in progress. I’ ll try to give more details in the next weeks because sometimes they are not so easy to adopt, even if some of them might look simple and evident.  




No comments:

Post a Comment